Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The "No" That Saved You



"No" The word that is displeasing, everyone doesn't want to hear, can't accept, and won't accept for an answer;  especially when it is only benefiting them base on their situation. How you interpret the "No" is your perception, but what is your thinking process when it comes to that "No"? Do you throw a temper tantrum? Do you disobey the "No" and go do what you want to do? How do you handle the word "No"?  We like to think that when we ask, the only two answers are "Yes" and "Maybe" But even "Maybe's" could still lead to a "No". Why must we think that a "No" is meant to be negative? Depending on the thinking process in regards to that "No", it could be. But not all "No's" are out to make you feel like you do not deserve whatever it is that you want.

 Most of the times, what we want is just not right for us to have. A "No" can have so many different meanings. That "No" could be for your protection, and most of the times when it is coming from your  parents, their hearts are leading towards that "No" because you're their child and they are protecting you. They know what's best for you, they see right through you more than you can see as a child who is naive. Even as an adult, if we're honest, your parents still KNOW YOU better than you but of course, gives you that space to find YOU, to learn how to take responsibility for yourself. But no matter how old we get, our parents will always want us to make wise decisions in our lives, so if you happen to speak with your parents about something that is important to you, you ask that question, and you hear the answer is leading to a "No", don't be so quick to be disappointed as to why they gave you that answer and immediately start to think that they don't support you.

Testimony:

A year ago, God spoke to me on a hot summer day randomly and said, "I want you to write a book." When I heard him, I did not know how to feel, thoughts of "how was this possible?" rushed through my mind but all I kept hearing was God saying "Write that book, don't worry about the rest. I am taken care of it." I trusted him and by faith I started to write the book, I got excited each time I wrote a chapter even still having those thoughts of "Wow! I can't believe I'm writing this, I never thought I would be writing a book." But I eventually came to terms with it and just knew that it was God's will to do so. Months later, during Christmas time, Heather Lindsey had announced that her and her husband Cornelius were finally launching their new Christian Book Publishing Company called "Lincross Publishing" and that applications will be available that following week. I got SUPER excited, I could not even control myself. I thought," Yes! This is good. I am writing a book, a christian book at that, and they have come out with publishing company! Oh yes! I am going to fill out an application." So I did, I filled out an application, prayed, and got accepted. I was overwhelmed with how excited I was and was in complete disbelief, I thanked the Lord heavenly! During my excitement, Heather had made a post about subscribing to the Lincross Publishing Youtube Channel, and that in order to be involved with the company, you had to be subscribed. The subscription was $10/month. I was a little worried because I knew money was pretty funny. But by faith, I just went ahead and subscribed. (Thank God for free trials, haha)

Later that day, I told my Mother and asked her what she thought. She immediately gave me that look that I knew wasn't going to be a good answer, all of her responses were straight "No's" and kept telling me to find another solution for your book. She was totally against it all. I was hurt, confused, and immediately started to think that she just did not support me in my God-given dream. As days went by, I was still hearing that same "No", this time I was pretty convinced. I later spoken to a brother in Christ and I told him the story and how I felt, he then said, "Question: Do you believe that this company is the one God put for you to use?." My heart instantly got convicted. I could not even give him a straight answer. Had I been so caught up in my own desire of wanting to be apart instead of paying attention to what God was trying to say? Did I take my desire and made it as if it was God's desire for me? After that conversation, I sat in silence, mind was racing, I had mixed emotions, I started to pray for wisdom and understanding. I wanted to know why was I not at peace with this and suddenly God reminded me of the consistent "No's" I kept hearing my  Mother say to me. It clicked. It was like the light-bulb had finally came on. Now I get why my Mother continued to say "No" to me. God was using her to warn me that it was not in his will for me to join that publishing company. His answer was "No" but he allowed me to get accepted to teach me how to understand the concept of why "No's" are not always how you make it to be. After that revelation, I declined Lincross Publishing and was at peace with the decision.

I am saying all this to say, when a "No" is given, don't let your flesh overpower your spirit. Pray for wisdom and understanding. That "No" was very important. It was the answer that kept me safe inside of God's will. If I had not listened and kept going with what I felt, I would have step into my own will. So what will you do the next time you hear a "No" in your life? 

Let me inspire you with the greatest "No" of all time.

"He went on a little further and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." Matthew 26:39


Do you know that Jesus prayed not to be persecuted? He did not want to die. But notice at the end of the scripture he says "Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." What was God's will?  God's will was for his son to die on the cross for our sins. So when Jesus prayed to him to not be sacrificed; What was his Father's answer? "NO" Do you realize that if God had told him "Yes", our sins would not have been forgiven? Do you know it would have been impossible for us to reconnect/have a relationship with the Father because the only way you can get to the Father is through Jesus Christ as states in John 14:6. Jesus says that "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. That "No"  saved your soul. 

Daily, wrapped your mind around that prayer because God could have told him "Yes", God loves you so much enough to even tell his only begotten son "No" A "No" that was beneficial for you. That
"No" that keeps you breathing, keeps waking you up everyday, and lives within you. 
So the next time you're in prayer, be mindful of your desire verse God's. We pray for what we want, instead of asking God what he wants.

Be thankful for that "No" for that job, for he has something greater for you. Be thankful for that "No" to that man or woman that you wanted to be with so badly, for he knew that that person was no good for you, he knows who has designed for you to be with. Be patient. Spent your singleness in the presence of God, let him build you up into the person he has called you to be. Be thankful for that "No" to that party you wanted to go to. To later find out that violence had occurred. God was only  protecting you sweetheart. Be thankful for every. single. "NO" 

Never take "No's" for granted. Especially God's "No's". You witnessed how far the "No" he gave Jesus got us in life. So be wise enough to know that God cares for you, he has not forgotten about you. I get it, you want it all. You want that "Yes" every time you ask a question. But understand that God does not always  operate on a "Yes", he has plenty of "No's", but that is only because he loves you. You're his child and he doesn't want anything to happen to you. He doesn't want you to jump outside of his will. He wants to show you his power. Deny yourself. Your feelings. And be prepare for the "No's" that will change your life. God bless you brothers and sisters. I love you & God loves you so darn much. 

Love, Desjane. 

Post a Comment

© If I Inspire. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.