Monday, August 3, 2020

To the woman who feels.....


INSECURE. 
(Warning: I plan on being transparent.)


"Why do I keep doing this to myself?
If Christ said that I was enough then why don't I feel that within my heart?
What false lie did I believe that made me feel this way?
Who said something that made me feel this way?
What thoughts did I allow to grow in my heart?
What hasn't happened in my life that could be the reason why I feel this way? 
Why do I keep doing this to myself? 
I can't stop thinking about how much I feel inadequate
I need to stop, that's not healthy. 
God says i'm enough, but why don't I still feel that in my heart?
Maybe I know why. 
Maybe I don't.
Maybe I don't want to face the truth.
Maybe I'm afraid to go through the process.
If God again keeps telling me i'm enough, what is my problem with believing it?


 Did you know that the biggest attack we will face daily is insecurity?

And if you knew.... Did you take the time to deal with it? Let's face it. We don't like to get to the root of our insecurities sometimes, we just feel and keep it moving. We say we will deal with them later but somehow you feel the Lord nudging you about them. He cares. And wants you to care enough too.

As women, we feel more than we know, and insecure is the main one. Maybe you don't think so, but you and I both know you felt uneasy at some point about YOU. See, YOU makes the difference that somebody needs in this world, so of course the biggest attack we face daily will always be insecurity.

The most sensitive area of my life is where most of my insecurities rooted from and that is romantic relationships. I'm a 25 year old Single Christian Woman who has never dated nor been in a relationship before. 

"Lord, is there something wrong with me?"
 "Am I not enough or am I too much?"
"What do I need to change about myself so that I can be what somebody wants?" 
"Am I not attractive?"  

"I'm looking in the mirror, double checking to make sure I even look good." 
"Does my body even look desirable? I don't have the so called "bad chick" look."
"He's probably going to think I look like a little girl." 

I will not sit here and write this post without being transparent. I actually had these thoughts. 
I looked at myself as the problem instead of a promise. I questioned my value instead of stewarding over it. I overlooked the blessing of God's protection instead of praising him for it. I made myself feel less than by my choice of thought. I chose to believe I wasn't enough. I chose to believe that I was the lack of the provision. Oh, what thoughts that make you feel insecure. 


God's word is pretty clear about what he says about you. He doesn't look at you in any way a human would. He sees exactly what he created. He didn't create you to be an option in somebody's cart to possibly buy later. He bought you already and has no intentions on putting you back on the market. 

I was that woman who just didn't feel enough. The thought of being single drove me insane. "Lord, Could you have let me at least have some dating experiences? All I was asking for was for God to let me date so that I could cure an insecurity. "If I could just...."  Just what? The desire to relate was feeding into my insecurities. How deceitful to believe that a man pursuing would make me finally believe that I was attractive and worthy. 

I knew I was indeed Christ's Masterpiece. I knew I was chosen and loved. But I didn't feel it. See, here's the thing about "feelings" Feelings are never wise to follow. Feelings can change throughout your day. So if feelings are unstable than why would we be led by them? 

Christ is sure of his Word and sometimes you won't feel what he says to you right away, but it will always be true of you. When you're use to speaking against that truth, you have to give it time to grow. It was hard for me to believe that nothing was wrong with me because I was use to telling myself that it was. What you rehearse becomes your song. 

Maybe you've rehearsed loneliness and unworthiness. That sad tune needs to be given back to Christ, and in him let the process of your healing begin. There is a such thing as healing from insecurities.

"I can't keep doing this to myself. 
I can't talk like this anymore.
My worth is found in Christ.
He is all that I need.
He is the only man I know that doesn't waver in thought about me.
He is my comfort and my life support.
He is my friend. 
I am beautiful. 
I am worth the wait.
I will not be defined by culture and its impatience.   

Sis, I still struggle sometimes, but the more I rehearse his Word over my life, the more it takes roots over all the insecurities I use to speak over myself. I have to let go. I have to surrender. I have to believe that God does have the best for my life and knows exactly what he is doing.

"I can't keep doing this to myself."

As you can see, "I can't keep doing this to myself' is repeated. 
We as woman sometimes have a bad habit of the way we talk and or treat ourselves. 
There is a root to everything we may feel insecure about. For this first exercise I want you to identity the root of your insecurity. You may have multiple, which is okay to confess. You can identity each one of them to keep from growing too deep within your heart.

1. How do you feel about you? 

2. What makes us women feel insecure at times? 

3. Has society made you feel insecure? 

4. Did something happen or did someone say anything to you that made you feel insecure?


Be okay with your honesty. God can handle it so allow yourself to be brave enough to handle it too.
You open up wounds to the right healer and his name is Jesus Christ.


Scriptures of TRUTH to cure your insecurities: 

You're his ambassador. 
"So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” | 2 Corinthians 5:20 

You're his masterpiece. 
"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." | Ephesians 2:10 

You're chosen. 
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you." | John 15:16

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." | 1 Peter 2:9 

“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. | Isaiah 43:10 

You're loved. 
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." |  John 3:16 

You're beautiful. 
"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." | Psalms 139:14



2 comments

  1. Good stuff! Gods word is true no matter what negative words play in our minds! Get thee behind me Satan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! Gods word is true no matter what negative words play in our minds. Get thee behind me Satan!

    ReplyDelete

© If I Inspire. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.